Balance Scorecard KPI & Performance Excellence
Balance Scorecard & Key Performance Indicators (Kpis)
This practical workshop introduces the context, concepts and best practices for establishing and managing KPIs that are relevant, focused and sustainable in a business environment. After initial presentations and discussions, the workshop moves on to practical exercises, using real examples from the participants’ own work environments and elsewhere.
At the end of this course, participants will:
- Understand KPI terms and approach, its benefits and how to apply best practices
- Recognize SMART KPIs (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Timed), matching the organization’s goals
- Learn to establish SMART KPIs for Key Business Processes in your organization
- Be ready to apply KPIs on an ongoing basis to enable planned process performance
- Prepare worked examples of KPIs from the workshop to bring back to the organization
- To really understand what Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are and their misinterpretation and misapplication.
- To appreciate why KPIs are necessary and beneficial to organizations.
- To learn how to create relevant and effective KPIs from Key Result Areas (also known as Critical Successful Factors).
- To learn how to implement a KPI system successfully.
- To effectively manage the KPI measurement process in all phases.
- Articulate the six steps needed to build a scorecard system and the three steps needed to implement these systems
- Explain the evolution of measurement and strategic management systems
- Identify reasons for adopting a balanced scorecard system
- Anticipate challenges that need to be overcome
- Contrast the differences and similarities in scorecard systems for different organizations
- Utilize an organization assessment to set vision, mission and strategy
- Define strategic themes and results
- Develop Strategic Objectives and a Strategy Map
- Define performance measures, targets and thresholds
- Developing Initiatives and a prioritization plan
- Identify and understand the three implementation steps of Automation, Cascading and Evaluation
- Cascade the scorecard throughout the organization
- Using scorecard information to improve performance
Who Should Attend
Participants will have responsibility for setting or delivering KPIs at a process, team, unit or organizational level. No prior understanding or qualification is expected, but participants are expected to have a responsibility for reviewing, reporting or working directly with business processes where performance is crucial for the success of the organization.
Trainer’s presentation, anecdotes, case studies, exercises, participants’ contributions.
- Identify at least one core business process for which they are part of or have responsibility for
- Review the processes’ current performance (think about how you execute the process, where your targets come from, how long they have been in use, how valid they still are, what information you use to validate performance, what data you collect but don’t use, what data you should collect, what data you could collect, what performance trends are perceived and what concerns you might have).
- Discuss with colleagues how this process should be assessed, measured and how it should perform.
Session 1: INTRODUCTION: Reviewing the KPI model, terms, approach and the business/service context
- Introduction to the world of KPIs
- What are key performance indicators
- The pillars of KPI architecture
- KPI selection
- Activating KPIs
- How to create and manage KPI’s
- Characteristics of a good KPI’s
- KPI documentation
Session 2: Balanced Scorecard Overview
Session 3: Building the Balanced Scorecard System
- Assessment (Change Management Plan, BSC Program Plan, Organization Climate Scan, Customers & Stakeholders)
- Strategy (Customer Value Proposition, Strategic Themes & Results, Perspectives)
- Strategic Objectives
- Strategy Mapping
- Performance Measures & Targets
- Strategic Initiatives
- Scorecard Rollout
Session 4: BUSINESS PROCESSES: Identifying, defining and managing processes with KPIs
- The KPI’s Cascade Process
- KPI Determination Flow
- KPI data gathering and reporting
- Generating value with KPIs
- KPI management enablers: software, hardware, communication And Culture
- Generating value from using KPIs
- Measuring and learning with KPIs
- KPI Project coordination
Session 5: WORKSHOP: Establishing KPIs for real, mission-critical business processes
- The business case for KPI implementation
- Data collection, analysis and reporting
- KPI review meetings and initiative management
- KPI management evaluation
Ron is the CEO of Great Place to Work-Gulf based in Dubai. His HR background spans many industries, cultures and countries including India, China, Brazil, Dubai, Africa, Turkey as well as Saudi Arabia. Most recently he was named as one of the "50 Most Talented Global HR Leaders in Asia by World HRD Congress” and was also recognized with the “Strategic Leadership Award for Global HR Excellence” in 2012 He is a member of Harvard Business Review Advisory Council as well as the Executive Quarterly Online Panel at McKinsey Consulting.
He is a frequent blogger and writer on HR topics: TLNT.com, CEO.com & People and Management Magazine. His books authorship includes: “Getting HR Technology Back to HR Reality” “Creative Onboarding Programs” - McGraw Hill “Learning to Lead: Lessons in Leadership” His work has been featured in the NY Times, Wall Street Journal, Crain’s NY Business, Workforce Management Magazine, HR Matters, People and Management magazines as well as a sought after Key-Note speaker and panelist. He has held senior level HR roles with Buck Consultants (Xerox), Martha Stewart Living and IBM.
Easy way of transferring knowledge makes the learning more digestible. Excel is so wonderful with this kind of delivery. Great work Simfotix.Human Resource Business Partner Human Resource Business Partner, Al Ghurair Group
Excellent Training conducted by Simfoix Professional Development. The whole day was full of fun and learning in Advance MS Excel.Senior Specialist Human Resource Senior Specialist Human Resource, Dubai Economic Department
A combination of learning and sharing through small quiz and activities. The course is truly a learning experience.Treasury & Investment Group Treasury & Investment Group, Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank
The in-house training met the desired objectives for improvement in the Finance function. Group work throughout the two days and team presentation on various analytics put thing in the focus learning direction. Good output Simfotix.Finance Team Imdaad Group Finance Team Imdaad Group