This two-day course is designed to explain how financial measures of corporate performance are calculated and used to assess credit worthiness of a business. The course covers the basics of financial statement analysis and enables participants to confidently use financial terminology. This is a highly interactive workshop and a case study will be used to illustrate key learning points.
This two-day course would give opportunities to participants to practice the key learning points on various case studies.
On successful implementation of learning points of case studies would sharpen the skills of participants in evaluating the financial position and performance of a corporate/business.
At the end of the program the participants will learn:
- How a company’s business and financing activities are reflected in its financial statements
- The components of financial statements: Balance sheet, profit and loss and cash flow and key notes to the accounts
- The distinction between cash flow and profits
- How to measure liquidity, solvency, profitability and activity performance using appropriate ratios.
- Glossary of common financial terminologies
- Sources and quality of disclosure
- Key accounting concepts and principles
- IFRS in presentation of company financial statements focusing on the key statements needed for financial analysis:
- Statement of financial position,
- Statement of comprehensive income
- Cash flow statement
- Statement of changes in equity
- Auditors’ Notes to the accounts
- Auditors’ report – Qualified/unqualified
Cash flow analysis
- Operating activities, Investing activities and Financing activities
- Cash flow from operations before working capital changes- its importance
- What is diversion of funds
- Identifying diversion of funds
- Internal vs External diversion
- Correction steps in case of internal and external diversion.
- Relationship between financial ratios and cash flows
- Accounting for revenue and expenses
- Capitalized expenses
- Profit, EBITDA, and Funds from Operations
- The meaning of net working capital
- Fixed assets, Intangible assets
- Depreciation, amortization, depletion
- Equity and reserves; revaluation reserves, retained earnings, dividend payments.
- Spontaneous finance from suppliers
- Short term and long term borrowings
- Off balance sheet and contingent liabilities
Ration Analysis & Implication
- Ratios to assess the liquidity of the business
- Ratios to assess the solvency of the business
- Ratios to measure the financial performance
- Ratios and cash flow measures to assess the efficient use of existing assets
- Debt service
- Ratios to assess the capital structure and debt service capability
- Application: calculate a debt service coverage ratio
Final Case study
The case study will allow participants to apply all the tools of financial analysis to a company to make a balanced assessment of its operational performance and funding structure.
Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre
Since last two years My Company is working with Simfotix, and every time it is great learning experience. MS Excel is one of the most recommended Program with distinctive methodology and valuable deliverables.
A very good training by Simfotix on HRBP with their International Partner Human Capital Institute. We covered high level including strategy.
Dubai Islamic Bank
Great training course and materials. Super helpful to learn shortcuts and their best application. Thank you!
The in-house training met the desired objectives for improvement in the Finance function. Group work throughout the two days and team presentation on various analytics put thing in the focus learning direction. Good output Simfotix.
Finance House Abu Dhabi
Inhouse Training with Simfotix Training for Credit Transformation Program goes with a Wonderful learning experience of our Credit Risk Team. Looking forward to engage them in other upcoming training.
Abu Dhabi Terminals
A combination of learning and sharing through activities and self presentations. Learning Art of Public Speaking with Simfotix Training is truly a good experience.
Arab Bank, UAE
The session was engaging and informative. Overall program outcome is what we agreed and delivered to department.
Emirates Islamic Bank
Simfotix In-House training is well organized and our team learned lot of new things. We consider this as a value addition and meeting our objectives.
Ministry of Human Resources & Emiratization
A very good training we attended with Simfotix Training.
Al Ghurair Group
Easy way of transferring knowledge makes the learning more digestible. Great work Simfotix for the in-house session of Advance Excel.
MAF Carrefour International
Thank you Simfotix for a comprehensive and value training to our Saudi Arabia Finance Team. Case Study and exercises were the key element of this workshop. As Learning & Development we are satisfied to work with them in future.
Selecting Simfotix as sour training and learning development supplier is a wonderful experience. They have done various inhouse programs. Their trainers carry in-depth knowledge and expertise and kept the participants well engaged.
The Executive Council of Dubai
Simfotix Trainer bear a Persuasive approach in training and the company is professional in the arrangement of training till end to make it a memorable experience. The In-house session and the follow-up session is excellent approach.
Department of Economic Development, Dubai
Excellent Training conducted by Simfotix Professional Development. The whole day was full of fun and learning in Advance MS Excel.
It is very important to analyze the need for Training along with the level of knowledge you require. This session give you a liberty to choose the modules you need, discuss it with the trainer how you want to be delivered, decide the place at your convenience and allocate number of hours to solve your problem. This does not include any development as a consulting but will include solution if you are facing a particular problem.