In today’s knowledge age, information is the lifeblood of any organization. Right information at the right time will enable decision makers to make decisions both timely & effectively. You can present information like a newspaper and dump all the available data into your spreadsheets, but the definite way to do the same is presenting information which leads to correct decision making. This unique two-day workshop is designed to provide you with the knowledge and tools enabling you to create Dashboard Reports to present Operational, Strategic & Financial Data in an effective way. This interactive, participative and practical workshop will equip you with valuable tools readily applicable at your organization.
Top 6 Learning Outcomes
- How to connect all of your data to a dashboard— no matter where it lives Understand Visual Design Principle to be applied to business Dashboards
- Discover how to shape up your existing data to be Dashboard compatible
- Explore how to summarize, present and communicate data clearly and precisely
- Uncover the secret of making your Excel Dashboard dynamic
Understanding Management Dashboards
- What is a Dashboard ?
- Sample Data & Dashboard
- Principles of Great Dashboard Design
Charts Creating Technique
- Creating and customizing Charts
- Using specialist charts for your Excel Dashboards
- Creating Column, Line, Pie & Bar Charts
- Creating two axis charts
- Creating a Thermometer Chart
- Creating waterfall Chart
Practical Exercise: Using your own data or examples provided, create charts and graphs using best practice methods
Building the Dynamic Data Model
- Understanding the Data Structure
- Working using Dynamic Charts
- Adding Form Controls in Dashboard
- Form Controls & Function together
- Completing the Dynamic Dashboard
- Working with Data using Formulas & Functions
Excel Pivot Tables
- Creating summary reports & calculating, Sum, Count & Percentages
- Creating Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly & Yearly reports
- Creating dynamic Pivot tables
- Auto refreshing pivot when opening
- Using Slicers for creating Dashboards
Practical Exercise: Using your own data or examples provided, create and manipulate data using pivot tables
Dashboard Projects - Building real time dashboard system in a group of 2
Final Project: Create a dynamic dashboard using your own data or examples provided using all the principles and techniques shown in the session.
Using Advanced Formulas & Functions For Reporting
- Understanding Absolute & Relative Referencing
- SumIF & SumIFS
- Count, CountA, CountlF & CountlFS
- Understanding IF Condition & Nested IFs
- Calculation in IF – Using AND & 0R in IFs
- Adding Symbol in IF
- Advance Vlookup
- Using IFError in Vlookup
Practical Exercise: Using your own data or examples provided, clean the data and create robust formulas including working with text formulas
Introduction to Form Control
- Radio Button & Check Box
- Combo Box & Scrollbars
- Data Validation as a Tool
Creating Interactive Components for Dashboard
- Adding a scroll bar to a data window
- Adding option buttons to a chart
- Using a combo box drop-down
- Using a list box control
- Using the Check Box Control
Working with your Data & Dynamic Table
- Creating validation in cell (Drop downs in cell)
- Creating drop down menus with dependent list
- Dynamic table
- Converting your raw data into dynamic table
- Benefits of dynamic table
Bullet-proofing your Dashboards
- Protect dashboards by locking cells
- Password Protection
- Restricting incorrect data entry with data validations
- Protecting your data from copying
Open Group Discussion: Delegates to bring up their own challenges or victories with Dashboards or Reporting in relation to the topics covered in today’s training. The group will discuss and formulate the best way to handle presentation of the data.
Mr. Ramzan Rajani carries more than 8 years of experience in the field of IT Training & Project Management. After getting a Diploma in Information Technology, he did his MBA with Dual specialization in IT and Project Management. He has experience of designing, managing & implementing large databases bearing very good understanding and extensive experience in Advance Excel, VBA – Macros, advance PowerPoint, Excel Dashboard, Access & MSP (Microsoft Project 2010). Many participants from large number of companies in GCC region have attended his programs as public and inhouse sessions. Some of these companies include: The Executive Council of Dubai, Ferrari World, General Civil Aviation Authority, Etisalat, National Bank of Fujairah, Roche Diagnostics, Abu Dhabi Finance, Thuraya, DEWA, Emirates Post, Dubai World, Majid Al Futtaim Group, RAK Cement, Tamkeen, Tawam Hospital, Imdaad Group, Wild Wadi, Al Etihad Credit Bureau, IFC (WorldBank Group), Emirates NBD, Sharjah Islamic Bank, RedBull, CareStream Health, Rotana, Funcity, Johnson & Johnson, Mastercard, Internet City, Manipal University , Dulsco, AstraZeneca (Pharma)…etc.
Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre
Since last two years My Company is working with Simfotix, and every time it is great learning experience. MS Excel is one of the most recommended Program with distinctive methodology and valuable deliverables.
A very good training by Simfotix on HRBP with their International Partner Human Capital Institute. We covered high level including strategy.
Dubai Islamic Bank
Great training course and materials. Super helpful to learn shortcuts and their best application. Thank you!
The in-house training met the desired objectives for improvement in the Finance function. Group work throughout the two days and team presentation on various analytics put thing in the focus learning direction. Good output Simfotix.
Finance House Abu Dhabi
Inhouse Training with Simfotix Training for Credit Transformation Program goes with a Wonderful learning experience of our Credit Risk Team. Looking forward to engage them in other upcoming training.
Abu Dhabi Terminals
A combination of learning and sharing through activities and self presentations. Learning Art of Public Speaking with Simfotix Training is truly a good experience.
Arab Bank, UAE
The session was engaging and informative. Overall program outcome is what we agreed and delivered to department.
Emirates Islamic Bank
Simfotix In-House training is well organized and our team learned lot of new things. We consider this as a value addition and meeting our objectives.
Ministry of Human Resources & Emiratization
A very good training we attended with Simfotix Training.
Al Ghurair Group
Easy way of transferring knowledge makes the learning more digestible. Great work Simfotix for the in-house session of Advance Excel.
MAF Carrefour International
Thank you Simfotix for a comprehensive and value training to our Saudi Arabia Finance Team. Case Study and exercises were the key element of this workshop. As Learning & Development we are satisfied to work with them in future.
Selecting Simfotix as sour training and learning development supplier is a wonderful experience. They have done various inhouse programs. Their trainers carry in-depth knowledge and expertise and kept the participants well engaged.
The Executive Council of Dubai
Simfotix Trainer bear a Persuasive approach in training and the company is professional in the arrangement of training till end to make it a memorable experience. The In-house session and the follow-up session is excellent approach.
Department of Economic Development, Dubai
Excellent Training conducted by Simfotix Professional Development. The whole day was full of fun and learning in Advance MS Excel.
It is very important to analyze the need for Training along with the level of knowledge you require. This session give you a liberty to choose the modules you need, discuss it with the trainer how you want to be delivered, decide the place at your convenience and allocate number of hours to solve your problem. This does not include any development as a consulting but will include solution if you are facing a particular problem.