Procurement & Purchasing Skills
Procurement & Purchasing program is designed to help professionals to learn the dynamics of effective procurement and improve their working capabilities to maximum. This program focuses on areas related to development of organization’s strategic procurement plan, procurement policies, system for selections of vendor, understanding market dynamics, pricing and negotiation skills.
This program is equally effective for procurement to-be procurement professionals and will help them in radically improving their procurement skills. Program is delivered with a high energy presentation, customized reading material, real life exercises, case studies and simulation exercises which help the participants to develop their understanding of the topic in depth.
PRACTICE AREASDuring training, the participants will practice
- Development of enterprise wide procurement strategies
- Strategic procurement – the partnership approach
- Understanding and management of changing market variables
- Procurement policies and procedures
- Procurement planning process
- Vendors pre-qualification process
- Negotiation skills
- Pricing and purchasing terms
- Procurement contract management
- Expediting & trouble shooting
Training comprises of a number of activities to help the participants to learn the application of knowledge attained during the training. They include
- Each participant will take the role of procurement manager as well as vendor. Under a given situation, participant will evaluate procurement terms and conditions in line with corporate procurement strategy as well as market conditions and will take efficient procurement decision based on his/her knowledge and judgment.
- Participants will undergo various simulations in which they will learn to make decision under conditions of uncertainties and fast changing market conditions.
- Training will also help participants in developing effective negotiation skills as an essential tool of procurement professional.
- Exercises will be done practice process of expediting and troubleshooting incase of uncertainties and variations in procurement contracts.
Procurement Professionals Toolkit
- Difference between procurement & purchasing
- Essentials of procurement
- Procurement planning skills
- Understanding pricing dynamics
- Negotiation skills
- Contract drafting skills
- Contract management skills
- Troubleshooting & variation management skills
Class Exercise: Identification of mistakes in procurement planning, control, negotiation through given case study.
- What is Strategic Procurement
- Importance of creating a partnering approach
- Relationship management skills
- Pricing and bargain under strategic procurement
- Do’s & Don’t in procurement
- Road blocks and speed breakers in strategic procurement
Class Exercise: Simulation exercise for learning the difference between ordinary procurement and strategic relationship management in procurement function.
- Steps in procurement process
- Identification of need
- Category profile
- Market analysis
- Procurement planning
- Purchasing cycle
- Prequalification of vendors
- Supplier selection
- Contract drafting & management
- Variations handling
Case Study: Learning process will be enhanced through a case study in which the procurement process was not followed carefully resulted in a disaster.
Procurement Contract Management
- Drafting skills
- Incorporating expectations
- Securing your goal post
- Legal issues in procurement contract management
- Avoiding contingencies & uncertainties
Class Exercise: Participants will be given tedious procurement terms and will be requested to draft suitable procurement contract.
- Purchase related risks
- Vendor selection
- Risk mitigation techniques
- Value based purchasing
- Expediting & trouble shooting
Case Study & Class Exercise:
- Identification of mistakes in procurement planning, control, negotiation through given case study.
- Simulation exercise for learning the difference between ordinary procurement and strategic relationship management in procurement function.
ACMA –CGMA, CIMA UK
Aly Rehan is a highly profound and effective corporate trainer with decades long experience in numerous industries including banking, manufacturing and training. Currently engaged with top training and consulting companies in Middle East as freelance trainer and consultant and working for development of most precious resource of business organization i.e. their employees. His key topics include IFRS, Financial Management, Financial Control, Financial Statement Analysis, Cash Flow Management, Strategic Management, Global Corporate Reporting, Corporate Governance and Reporting. He bears extensive training experience in the government and private sector in UAE from mid to senior management. Appended to this profile are some of his recent trainings he delivered with a WOW experience. Besides an Associate of Certified Management Accountant and Certified Global Management Accountant from Chartered Institute of Management Accountants UK ACMA &CGMA, he holds a similar qualification in Management Accountancy from Pakistan. He is also a Diplomat Associate of Institute of Bankers, Pakistan and a to be Chartered Accountant from Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan. He has a 9 years of experience of working with a global bank in various capacities including head of their training college, a four year articles with a reputed chartered accountant firm.
Excellent Training conducted by Simfoix Professional Development. The whole day was full of fun and learning. MS Excel has lots of options which the trainer has explained very well close to our job purpose.Senior Specialist Human Resource MS Excel, Department of Economic Development, Government of Dubai
Easy way of transferring knowledge makes the learning more digestible. Great work Simfotix.Human Resource Business Partner Al Ghurair Group
Simfotix Trainer bears a Persuasive approach in training and the company is professional in the arrangement of training till end to make it a memorable experience. Excel has never been so interesting before like Mr Ramzan delivered.Corporate HR Manager Al Bayader Group
Excellent experience with Ramzan, this session I will never forget. Their Trainer is very knowledgeable and has lots of examples from his experience.Compensation & Benefit Aban Investment